Saturday, October 31, 2009

"Up", in Hebrew!

This morning, we drove down to Rosh Pinna to see "Up" "למעלה", a Disney/Pixar animated movie, at Cinemateque. We bought a subscription for an entire year so that we'll be able to go down there and see movies anytime that we want to and have time.

Since "Up" is, of course, an American movie, I had assumed that it would be in the original English, probably with Hebrew subtitles, which is the usual procedure here. This one, however, was dubbed instead, with no subtitles, probably because it is considered a "kids' movie". But the dubbing was excellent, and I was even able to get some of the Hebrew.

Nevertheless, we were able to follow the story quite well. As mentioned, I picked up some of the Hebrew, but the visuals told the story well enough that I would have gotten most of it even if it had been in Chinese (of which I know not a single word).

If you haven't seen this movie, I would highly recommend it. It's the story of an old man, Mr. Frederickson, going for his dream and of the little Boy Scout, Russell, who becomes his sidekick in spite of the old man's resistance. Together, they have quite an adventure!

No comments: