Saturday, July 3, 2010

Leaving the hospital (and some pics from my stay there)

On Thursday, they finally released me from the hospital. The main reason they were keeping me, I believe, was so that I could continue to receive the intravenous (i.e. directly into the vein) antibiotics 3 times a day (about 6 a.m., about 1-2 p.m., and about 9:30 p.m.). Another reason was so that my bandage could be changed every day. I actually never felt very sick the whole time I was there.

Tomorrow (Sunday), I'll go into Maccabi (our HMO) to get the bandage changed again. Then, on Tuesday I have an appointment at the hospital outpatient clinic for them to check me again (and no doubt to change the bandage again, too).

Last Monday, while I was still hospitalized, I took a little hike out behind the hospital and down to the helicopter pad. Here are a couple of pictures I shot from there. This first one shows the bridge on the Tzfat bypass, which runs around below Tzfat on the south side and then connects to highway 90, the Jordan Valley highway. This bridge is said to be the highest bridge in the Middle East!

Finally, here's the view of the south side of the hospital, looking back up from the helipad. The building on the left, which is connected to the main building on the right, is where the emergency room is located.
Note that I did not leave the fenced hospital grounds for this entire hike. In fact, that first picture was actually taken by holding my phone through the chain link fence (topped with barb-wire!).

No comments: