Monday, March 26, 2012

Fattal taxis

There's a taxi that's frequently parked in our parking lot. I assume the driver must live here somewhere. Anyway, I had a little chuckle when I looked at the company logo on the flank of the car:

As I've walked around town, I've seen this same logo on other cars. In fact, it's probably on hundreds of taxis here in Eilat. Of course, only one word is written in English letters. It's "Fattal", which looks dangerously close to "fatal" to me, and, in fact, by combining the Hebrew spelling and the English spelling, we can be pretty sure it is pronounced like the French version of the word: "fatale" (you know, as in "femme fatale").

The rest of the Hebrew isn't much better, either. The literal transliteration of their logo would be: "For uniquely spoiled people." Of course, I think it really means something more like "pampered people".

No comments: