Sunday, May 10, 2009

A trip to Park Adamit and Rosh HaNikra

Friday, after eating lunch at Art de Coco in Karmiel, he headed up to Park Adamit and walked down the trail to the Rainbow Arch. Here are some picture I took along the way.

First, a pretty yellow flower of a kind that I don't think I've seen before:

Here's a nice pale blue flower that may be flax:

This picture isn't as good as I would like, but it's the best I could get of this interesting green-yellow butterfly:

I saw quite a few of these beautiful butterflies:

I also saw quite a few of these black and white butterflies:

These brown butterflies with a small dark spot near the end of each wing were also quite common:

Here's David, sitting and waiting patiently while I flitted about taking pictures of flowers and butterflies:

As I've mentioned previously, white flowers of many kinds seem to be more abundant this year than in previous years. Here's a nice picture of one that I took:

I saw several rather large bushes covered with these tiny yellow flowers:

Here's a nice yellow daisy:

After Park Adamit, we drove back down the narrow winding road (10 switchbacks, plus various other, less severe, curves!) and headed to Rosh HaNikra.

Here are 2 pictures that I took at Rosh HaNikra from the same spot. In the first, we are looking west-northwest, directly towards the run, whose light you can see reflecting off the Mediterranean Sea. Lebanon is just out of sight on the right, less than a quarter of a mile away.

Here's the view from the same spot, looking south:

No comments: