Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Wind Farm in the Golan

Today, we took a drive over to the Golan again, to the power-generating windmills there. The last time that we went there (a week or 2 ago) the batteries in my camera were no good (and I hadn't brought any spares with me), so I didn't get any pictures. This time, of course, I had spares, and, of course, the ones in the camera worked fine!

Here are some of the pictures I took. First a full-length view of one of the windmills. Our car is parked right beside it to give you some idea of the scale:

Here's a zoomed-in view of the turbine that, I'm sure, actually generates the power:

Here's a view of the row of turbines, including all but about 2 or 3 of them. By the way, the peak right behind the 3rd one from the left is Har Bental, one of our favorite view spots. This view is in approximately the northwest direction.

Here's a view from near the same area as the previous picture, but this one is zoomed somewhat and is looking roughly northeast, down into Syria. You can see that the Syrians have constructed a pretty large reservoir:

No comments: