Monday, March 7, 2011

Shkediot in town

The rain STILL hasn't come, and I had a 2-hour gap between lessons, so I took the opportunity to drive into town. First, we went to the market to make sure we won't have to go out during the rain that is expected over the next few days (and maybe even SNOW on Thursday!). On the way back from the market, I grabbed some pictures of the beautiful blooming שקדיות shkediot (almond trees) along the way.

This first picture is a view of the hillside above the Sonol gas station near the main entrance to town:

From there, I crossed the street and pointed my camera towards town. The Old City of Tsfat is on the other side of the hill at the extreme right of this picture:

A little further up the road towards home, I captured this lovely sunlit tree:

Here's a close-up view of some of the blossoms of another tree in that same area:

These are all cropped but NOT zoomed pictures taken with my iPhone 3G. Enjoy!

No comments: