Saturday, March 26, 2011

Tel Anafa

It's still a little chilly out today, but the rain that we had during the week has gone, and the sunshine is very welcome. We decided to take a drive in the Hula Valley. We went up the east side, part of the way back across the valley, up past Kfar Blum, and then back again to the east side, proceeding northwards from there. On the left side of the road, I noticed a small hill. As we passed it, I saw that there was a small parking area and a sign that read "Tel Anafa". Although we had driven past this spot quite a few times before I had never noticed this hill. We decided to stop and check it out.

The trail leads across a small bridge and them up the hill through lots of lush greenery. Here are some pictures that I snapped with my iPhone. First, an interesting flower that I don't recall seeing before:

Here's a whole group of them:

Finally, here's a view from there looking west-northwest towards the cliffs of Menara. Kiryat Shmona is just out of sight on the right side of this picture:

No comments: