Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Gym, Shuk, and Japan

I went to the gym this morning for the first time since last Thursday. Mostly, I wasn't able to go because of my teaching schedule.

On the way back from the gym, I stopped at the shuk (open air market), which is only in Tsfat on Wednesdays. I bought 3 onions, 4 potatoes, several figs, several tomatoes, 4 cucumbers (the really good Israeli kind!), and a bag of carrots. The grand total was 40 shekels (about $12), which is pretty good for that much food, I think.

Today, I substitute taught a Berlitz class for someone who couldn't make it (at least, I presume that that's why -- Berlitz didn't tell me why they wanted me to do it). Only one student showed up, but it was a good class. And I added a new country to my list of countries where I have taught students. This one was in Japan! The class went from 1:00 to 3:15 this afternoon for me, but for him, it went from 7:00 to 9:15 in the evening.

No comments: