Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Leak fixed

As I figured, the plumber did NOT come on Sunday. However, Zion did call me and then called the plumber for me. The plumber came on Monday and determined that the leak was definitely in the main pipe supplying water to the house. He didn't have what he needed to fix it that day, though, so he returned today. It turned out that the leak was actually near the main valve at the end of the driveway and was quite easily fixed. He charged me 466 shekel (incl. tax) to fix it, but I didn't have that much cash (and I also have no Israeli checks), so I gave him 200 and told him I'd have the rest for him tomorrow. So, I'll have to go into town and get some cash from the ATM this evening. Anyway, I'm just glad that the problem is fixed and that it wasn't more complicated!

No comments: